Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A friend reminded me

that when you are feeling like there is so much that you want or feel like you can't change or have any control over, or just feel emotionally taxed from the world of circumstance we exist in, to do as Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane and pray that the despite what you desire in that moment or at that point in your life, you want the Lord's will to be done. And in asking the Lord to do his will, and simple believing that this will take place, circumstances will begin to reform as a result. And that ultimately, that we are to seek first the kingdom of God, and in doing so all other things will be added unto us.


It's not that I didn't know it. I totally do. But, sometimes circumstances and emotions are blinding enough to cause you to overlook these simple truths.

So, I am reminded, and I am thankful.

No comments: