Monday, November 24, 2008

RIP MC Breed



Man..... I'm just finding out that MC Breed passed away on Saturday due to kidney failure, at age 37. Young age. Apparently, from one of the article read, it seems that prior to September he didn't even know he was ill. This is what I'm saying, death seems to just sneak up on people and sometimes there's nothing they can do about it. Even though I haven't really thought about Breed since I was about 13 or 14 years old, just listening to "Ain't No Future In Yo' Frontin" takes me back to that time period. I mean the intro alone takes me back to Los Angeles in 1993 when me and Shay Shay used to be in 8th or 9th grade running around singing rap lyrics we probably had no business singing! I just watched the video for "Frontin" though and that one was pretty cool. It took me there! Matterfact, one of my favorite lines in the song is very appropriate right about now with Barack'n'nem coming through in a few weeks: If I was the president then I would state fact/Leave it up to me I'd paint the White house BLACK/There ain't no future in yo' frontin! Aw, man. Well, you know. This just futher solidifies that you just do not know how much time you'll be blessed with in this reality, which is why I feel so passionately and tend to say "I love you" so freakin' much.

No comments: