Tuesday, September 25, 2007

on dreams unfolding:





who, out of all my imaginary friends that read my blog,
remembers this post?

well if you do then THE FACT that i did my
VERY FIRST PRINT MODELING GIG

((get it shawty, get it shawty!!))
(THANX TO THANDO KAFELE- who is now officially my stylist,
and RODNEY SIEUX, who thought i was pretty enough
to recommend me for the shoot)
for two major hair publications TODAY (as in yesterday)

is a real testament that
praying/affirming/believing
that your dreams are in fact unfolding
before your very eyes
are crucial to them actually
UNFOLDING!

God showed me favor on the set too!
(i got there last, probably weighed the most,
definitely had the most flawed skin,
but got the most love out of all the other models
doing four changes for clothes and hair
and was done and out of there
before the other two models even finished-
God bless 'em!!)

and though there's no way for me to determine

what the next step will be
or the possibilities for further career opps
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS
i'm ALWAYS down for ride!!!!!!

Amel Larrieux said it best:
I've got infinite possibilities
I can see them now.....

WORD.

ps i just have to mention the backhanded compliment
i got from the clothes designer:

{to the makeup artist}
OH MY LOOK AT HER, YOU ARE GOD!
SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

{makeup artist}
there's only one God, and it ain't me, honey...

{clothes designer}
NO REALLY
WHEN SHE CAME IN SHE LOOKED LIKE
CINDERELLA'S WICKED STEPSISTER
NOW SHE LOOKS LIKE MISS UNIVERSE,
LIKE TEN MILLION BUCKS!!!!

{me}
I definitely need ten million bucks right now, brotha!

{clothes designer}
Oh, so you can get lyposuction(?)??
(the funny thing is, he wasn't even clowning,
he was quite sincere with that particular question...)

and i didn't even
give him the screwface!!
I just looked at him and smiled,
and he smiled and walked away.
Oddly enough,
he had me model four of his fits,
so apparently he thought my extra meat
looked decent enough in his creations!
i'm just sayin....
my people, my people...!

WHAT'A DAY!!!!!!!!!!

~416~

3 comments:

c w j said...

a tweezed nose hurts

eyelash curlers are a form of torture that should've been condemned by the Geneva Convention

but the most horrible thing you'll endure at these things, by far, are the masks put on by individuals whose desperation for importance of their-self in the eyes of-others is plastered brazenly, pitifully upon their sleeve.

N.L. said...

oh mai!!! girl, you are gorgeous. (and you look so much like your mother in the third picture-from what i remember- it's ridiculous.) the 3rd one is the QUEEN shot. it's the shot that will make less enlightened individuals tell you that something must NOT be right. they will tell you that you will need to change something. they will try to put a kink in your chain of self- awareness and love because you make them feel inferior. it's not you. it's them. shine your light. they'll either bask in it as it reminds them of their own. or they'll frown and tell YOU to stop making faces. ha!

you betta work!! ;o)

dws said...

dws said...
sistah mai you betta WORK>>>WORK>>>WORK>>>da, da da dadada...you know that disco/club song sound. God is blessing you for being you, and you know you are loved for being just YOU true beauty inside and out.