Sunday, September 09, 2007

i'm in a complete reverie right now listening to al jarreau...

and engrossed in the websites of the two gentlemen I met tonight at
The Shrine uptown tonight...

Phillip Harvey is the publisher of Nat Creole magazine.
It's intoxicating (as is he!)
there are a few people affiliated with the publication that i know,
i've come to find out after doing some light research.
and so i've decided that
I NEED TO BE INVOLVED.
so stay tuned.

Jimmy Black is the artist.
His work reminds me of
Africobra
only not. It's straight him, and I love it.
he also designs womens clothing.
i can't wait to wear one of his
original dresses!

lastly,
I'm going to be a part of a
tribute to Fela Kuti
later this month!!!!

One of the queens, dancing and singing!!
a show produced by the honorable Joe Rodman
at The Shrine,
my new favorite uptown destination!!!

I'm so excited!
I LOVE my life.

~416~

No comments: