Sunday, July 15, 2007

the 13 hour turnaround...

got on the chinatown bus yesterday, took the longest five hours EVER to get to dc.

got to dc right in time to make it to the Studio Theater and into my seat before the house manager gave it away.

spent a very adultlike eight hours in the Dirty District that involved the theatre, dinner with college girlfriends at a trendy thai restaurant, going back to the hotel to act silly while we changed, making an appearance at the show after party (and getting caught up to speed with more old friends that i haven't seen in seven years), spending two hours looking for parking in the popular and over-populate Adams Morgan, then dancing with my three girlfriends til we were pretty much ready to go....

still amazed that Adams Morgan's cup runneth over with throngs of party-goers and lookieloos, i realized that at 2:45am I still had enough time to get back to 5th and H to catch the 3:30am bus back to NYC.... so we got on the goodfoot to get me to the bus depot.

and finally, at the end of my 13 hour turnaround (5 getting there, 8 actually spent there) i run right into Uncle G standing out waiting for the same bus to NYC... a bunch of hugs and "WHAT'CHU DOIN?"s transpired and i was immediately happy I'd decided to take this bus. Uncle G ran down all the wonderful things he's been up to and that he was going to NYC to get his mom and some family members together to go see his grandad down in the ATL who is turning 92 on Tuesday! Oh happy day!

Anyway... it's 9am and I'm back in Brooklyn, in my own bed and can barely keep my eyes open.

but it definitely was worth the trip!

No comments: