Sunday, March 18, 2007

Call me corny but...

but THESE LYRICS SPEAK
not only to
the essence of my heart
& who i am as a sillygurl of inspired whimsy,
but also to my current predicament,
this stage of QUICK TURNS & TENDER GROWING PAINS,
confirming my sole source of blooming contentment
as i meander through this obstacle course:

The hills are alive
(WITH WHAT????)
with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
My heart wants to sing every song it hears

My heart wants to beat like the wings of the birds
that rise from the lake to the trees
My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies
from a church on a breeze
To laugh like a brook when it trips and falls over
stones on its way
To sing through the night like a lark who is learning to pray

I go to the hills when my heart is lonely
I know I will hear what I've heard before
My heart will be blessed with the sound of music
And I'll sing once more


---

THESE are the lyrics that comfort me today.
they are, indeed, soooo poignant
illustrating the type of sensibility i ascribe to on this journey.

i've recently said (and am constantly thinking):
that i am living my life
from hilltop to hilltop,
and upon reaching the top of each hill
i tend to find the one thing that never fails my heart
live music in all its glory!!!

it's interesting that when i find myself
in the valley between each hill
i can't even bring myself to turn on the music
i need to survive.
it's such a tender moment-- almost to pain,
and the embrace of silence seemingly does more to help
than allowing the music to carry me to higher ground
(at THAT moment-- i always move past it though...)

but even in THAT,
my heart DOES want to sing

every song that it hears...
(boy, that Rogers & Hammerstein collective
really knew what was up!
& i often do think of the wonder
within the wings of lil'birdies,
and anyone that's taken a neighborhood walk with me
pretty much knows
how much i love
windchimes that hang off of front porches!

i actually have a windchime hanging in my apt
between my bedroom & the living room--

doesn't get very windy in there though so the
only time i hear it is when i bump into it!
my parents have these large chimes
in their backyard though! every time i go to visit
i stand back there ringing them
as if the church bells are tolling some wonderful news!)


this is truly a beautiful song, compañeros!
even if you aren't feelin the movie
(and the splendidness of her royal highness of song
JULIE ANDREWS!)

i pray that the sweet tenderness of these lyrics
resonate with you as it does with lil'o'me'o'mai :)

you have no idea how many times
i've gone to the hills when my heart is lonely,

but that's where i find the melodic breeze
which swirls about refreshing my soul
and propelling me forward like a kite
to my next soaring encounter...

416

No comments: