Sunday, January 21, 2007

lyrics that were written before i knew i'd ever feel this way...

I want to spend the night with you forever
Every time we wind up
spending the night together
Do you ever feel it
I want to share my life with you forever
Every time we wind up
sharing a night together
Do you ever feel it

When I stay away from you
I never get to sleep
I try to hug my pillow
and pretend that you’re with me
But I can’t feel a it
Then when we are together
it’s right there for me to see
I can’t keep looking at loneliness
and try to call it freedom
Do you ever feel it

I want to spend the night
with you, forever
Every time we wind up
spending the night together
Do you ever feel it
Do you ever want to spend the night
Do you ever want to spend the night
Do you ever want to spend the night

~Bill Withers
------------------

Love me love me love me
Say you do
Let me fly away
With you
For my love is like
The wind
And wild is the wind

Give me more
Than one caress
Satisfy this
Hungriness
Let the wind
Blow through your heart
For wild is the wind

You...
Touch me...
I hear the sound
Of mandolins
You...
Kiss me...
With your kiss
My life begins
Youre spring to me
All things
To me

Dont you know youre
Life itself
Like a leaf clings
To a tree
Oh my darling,
Cling to me
For were creatures
Of the wind
And wild is the wind
So wild is the wind

Wild is the wind
Wild is the wind

~la NinaSimone
------------------


What are you doing the rest of your life?
North and south and east and west of your life
I have only one request of your life
That you spend it all with me

All the seasons and the times of your days
All the nickels and the dimes of your days
Let the reasons and rhymes of your days
All begin and end with me

I want to see your face
In every kind of light
In fields of dawn
And forests of the night
And when you stand before the candles on a cake
Oh, let me be the one to hear the silent wish you make

Those tomorrows waiting deep in your eyes
And the world of love you keep in your eyes
Ill awaken whats asleep in your eyes
It may take a kiss or two

Through all of my life
Summer, winter, spring and fall of my life
All I ever will recall of my life
Is all of my life with you, ooh, ooh

~Dusty Springfield (who i just realized was born exactly 40 years before me to the day: 416)

No comments: