Thursday, November 16, 2006

give thanx to walter mosley...

for introducing me to Madeleines last summer.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the backstory:

Last summer when i was working as program coordinator for Voices of Our Nation Summer Writer's Workshop, Walter Mosley was the residency instructor during the first week of workshops. So it was my job to pick him up from the hotel, get him over to campus, and then safely return him to the hotel. Well, on the way to the campus we were chattin it up and he asked me to stop at Starbucks to get a lil sumthin before class. Of course I happily obliged and shuttled him over to the nearby coffee shop. When he returned to the car he turned to me and said, "Here I brought you a package of Madeleines." Seeing as how I'd never thought to buy them before I was pretty excited to be getting complimentary sweets (classic mai!). When i bit into the first one i realized that i just WAS NOT READY for the soft barely vanilla-y pound cake type of GOODNESS each one of those little cakes possessed!!!!!

So I turned to him in delight like, "OMG! THESE ARE SOOO GOOD!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! From now on every time I have a Madeleine I will certainly think of you!"

No comments: